Tony Hawk's Skate Jam is a skateboarding video game developed and published by American studio Maple Media. It was initially released for iOS devices on December 13, 2018 and was later ported to Android on February 1, 2019 as a free-to-play game with in-app purchases.
Tony Hawk's Skate Jam was built on the game engine used for the Skateboard Party mobile gaming series, which was also developed by Maple Media and was inspired by the Tony Hawk franchise. Tony Hawk's Skate Jam features a traditional Tony Hawk's Pro Skater-style career mode with 15 levels, five of which double as competition levels. The levels that make up Skate Jam have all been adapted from previous Skateboard Party titles.
- Cold Cave - "Glory" (from Glory album, 2017)
- Cold Cave - "People Are Poison" (from Full Cold Moon album, 2014)
- Frontside - "Streets In My Veins" (from Heat album, 2017)
- Hanni El Khatib - "Family" (from Head In The Dirt album, 2013)
- Honduras - "Borders" (from Morality Cuts album, 2014)
- Honduras - "Paralyzed" (from Paralyzed album, 2015)
- Interpol - "The Rover" (from The Rover album, 2018)
- Petyr - "Salt Lake" (from Salt Lake album, 2018)
- Se Vende - "Positivity 101" (from Regular album, 2017)
- Sextile - "Paradox" (from 3 album, 2018)
- Starcrawler - "Hollywood Ending" (from Hollywood Ending album, 2018)
- Starcrawler - "I Love LA" (from their 2018 self-titled album)
- White Dog Suicide - "Nothing Will Change (Unless You Try)" (from their Broken Hearts & Broken Bones album, 2018)
- White Dog Suicide - "Skate Jam" (exclusive theme song of Tony Hawk's Skate Jam)
After the licensing deal between Tony Hawk and series publisher Activision expired in December 2015,, in January 2017, Hawk stated in an interview that he was in early talks to continue the franchise without Activision.
Tony Hawk first teased the game's existence in June 2018, in an interview with the skateboarding podcast The Nine Club. The game was officially revealed on December 3, 2018 as Tony Hawk's Skate Jam on iOS. Maple Media, the developers of Skate Jam, have a history developing skateboarding games for mobile platforms, with a flagship series of their own, Skateboard Party, of which Skate Jam is a spiritual successor to.
The game's soundtrack was selected by Tony Hawk himself.
Reception of the game has been mixed, with many users noting the difficulty and awkwardness of the controls. Mashable noted that, "At first glance, Skate Jam appears to be faithful to the original mechanics of THPS, while also adding in some newer elements."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://toucharcade.com/2018/12/03/tony-hawks-skate-jam-release-date
- ↑ http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tony-hawk-wants-his-next-video-game-to-use-vr-171800052.html
- ↑ https://www.destructoid.com/tony-hawk-says-new-game-is-in-the-works-without-activision-s-involvement-415610.phtml
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tony-hawk-working-on-new-game-without-activision/1100-6447424/
- ↑ https://www.n3rdabl3.com/2018/07/tony-hawk-is-working-on-a-new-mobile-game/
- ↑ http://m.tmz.com/2018/12/14/tony-hawk-skate-jam-new-video-game
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/a5smox/tony_hawks_skate_jam_is_now_available_is_it/
- ↑ https://mashable.com/article/tony-hawk-skate-jam-mobile-game/
|Tony Hawk's Game Series|
|Pro Skater • Pro Skater 2 • Pro Skater 2X • Pro Skater 3 • Pro Skater 4 • Underground • Underground 2 • Underground 2 Remix • American Wasteland • American Sk8land • Project 8 • Downhill Jam • Proving Ground • Motion • Ride • Shred • Pro Skater HD • Shred Session • Pro Skater 5 • Skate Jam • Pro Skater 1 + 2|