Project 512x is a modding project led by DCxDemo in 2011-2013. This is a series of total texture conversions for the levels, intended to replace the original textures with more detailed analogs.
The original thread claims: "Project 512x is aimed to retexture original THPS3 game levels in HD, keeping the original look and feel. Generally each 64x texture is replaced by 512x texture which is more than 8 times larger by each side."
It features total conversions for the following levels:
The main problem of the mod is caused by the inablity of THPS3 to filter the textures from TDX containers, which causes the massive flickering, making the textures look really sharp. There is a workaround to avoid this: user has to unpack PNG textures from the TDX container to the level folder and manually modify the BSP level file (check external links).
- 10.11.2011 - Warehouse 512x released.
- 08.02.2012 - Canada 512x is released.
- 05.07.2012 - Suburbia 512x released.
- 09.09.2012 - Skater Island 512x released.
- 17.11.2012 - Airport 512x released.
- 19.12.2012 - Canada Summer 512x released.
- 27.06.2013 - Rio 512x released.