New Jersey is the first level in Tony Hawk's Underground and is the protagonists hometown.
It is based on the real-world location of Trenton, New Jersey.
Places of Interest Edit
New Jersey Train Station Edit
In the story mode of Tony Hawk's Underground, the New Jersey Train Station is used by the Custom Skater and Eric Sparrow to escape from the drug dealers on Elm Street. The train station is the main hint that the New Jersey level is modeled after Trenton, since it is a stop for "Septic", which mocks a SEPTA train that runs between Trenton and Philadelphia in real life.
Elm Street Edit
In the story mode of Tony Hawk's Underground, Elm Street is described by the Custom Skater as a street full of drug dealers that hate skateboarders.
In the story mode of Tony Hawk's Underground, "Peralta's", the local skateborading shop in New Jersey, is owned by Stacy Peralta. The Custom Skater becomes sponsored by the shop. Opposite "Peralta's" is The Playground, where the Custom Skater must complete several goals including executing the Soul Skatin' in the area.
Easter Eggs Edit
- The secret tape can be found underneath the bridge.
- If you skate on the rails at the Train Station, the lady on the intercom reacts to you as so.
- In the Custom Skater's bedroom, a poster of Daisy from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 can be seen on the wall.
- In Tony Hawk's Underground 2, New Jersey appears in the first cutscene of the game's story mode. The level is not a playable level in the game but is still reachable through glitching the Training level in Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (and Remix) and by modding the PC version of Tony Hawk's Underground 2. New Jersey is not fully programmed or developed in Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Remix) or the PC version of Tony Hawk's Underground 2, so most of the level is missing and none of the rails or ledges in the level can be grinded.
- According to screenshots the Muscle car was originally supposed to be drivable here, but was cut for unknown reasons.
- The Russian car was supposed to spawn here in traffic, but was probably cut due to the fact that Lada's aren't in America.
|Tony Hawk's Underground levels|
| New Jersey • Manhattan • Tampa • San Diego • Hawaii • Vancouver • Slam City Jam • Moscow • Hotter Than Hell