Moscow is the eighth level in Tony Hawk's Underground and the capital of the Russian Federation. This level is a major turning point in the story and the final international level in Story Mode in THUG; as the next and final level marks a return to the protagonist's hometown in New Jersey.
The level is set at Moscow Kremlin, which is the seat of the Russian Government, and formerly the Soviet Union until 1991. It features a lot of Moscow landmarks:
- Red Square - GUM, Lenin's Mausoleum, St. Basil's Cathedral, State Historical Museum, Moscow River
- Kremlin - Spasskaya Tower, State Kremlin Palace, Kremlin Wall Necropolis, Kremlin Senate, Cathedral Square, Dormition Cathedral, Tsar Cannon and Tsar Bell. Rest of the area is a mix of remaining buildings.
- Manezhnaya Square - World Clock Fountain
- Kaluga Square - Monument to Lenin
- The Moscow State University can be seen in the background.
- The Sofievskaya Bell Tower can be seen on the other side of the river.
- Moscow is most well known for having the most gaps in the game. It also features one of the most frustrating goals in the game - Hangover cure.
- The tanks featured in Red Square are likely T-72.
- This is the second level in THUG Story Mode to take place outside the United States, the other one being Vancouver.
- This is the only Story Mode level in THUG set outside North America.
- There is a portrait of Lenin holding the mic in State Kremlin Palace.
- One of the banners says "МОБЕН ВАЛЮТIЬ", which is misspelled "обмен валюты" - currency exchange. It's been a few years since the financial crisis of 1998 and it was very common to store money in a foreign currency instead of rubles.
- SMOG Industries banner can be seen on the other side of the river. Ironically, the building on the right side is currently owned by Rosneft - a Russian oil company.
- An angry mumbling voice and the audience can be heard in the bowl on top of the Kremlin Senate. This is probably aimed to ridicule regular soviet congresses of the communist party.
- It is odd that Kremlin Wall Necropolis consists of multiple Stalin's monuments, labeled as Dormition Cathedral (which is the cathedral you can find in Kermlin's interior area).
|Tony Hawk's Underground levels|
|New Jersey • Manhattan • Tampa • San Diego • Hawaii • Vancouver • Slam City Jam • Moscow • Hotter Than Hell|
School II • Venice • Hangar • School • Downhill Jam • Philadelphia