Marseille was initially featured as the first competition level in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. It returned in the classic mode of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland exclusively for the collector's edition of the game on the PS2. Later, it was ported to Tony Hawk's Project 8 as a free skate level on the PSP version only. Most recently, it was brought back in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.
Origin[edit | edit source]
This level is based on the real life skate park located in the city of Marseille, France.
Multiplayer layout (THPS2)[edit | edit source]
The secret area is removed, and the sky is completely yellow. There are also certain details missing, such as flags on the announcer's booth.
Goals[edit | edit source]
- High Score - 500,000 points
- Pro Score - 900,000 points
- Sick Score - 1,750,000 points
- High Combo - 400,000 points
- Collect S-K-A-T-E
- Collect C-O-M-B-O
- Get the secret tape!
- Do a Left flip Over the Lil' 4
- Frontflip Over the Table
- Lip Trick the 3 Extensions
THPS HD[edit | edit source]
- High Score (100,000) - $2,500
- Pro Score (200,000) - $3,000
- Sick Score (400,000) - $4,000
- Find the Secret DVD - $2,350
- Collect S-K-A-T-E - $2,750
- Collect 5 Competition Medals - $2,300
- Grab Trick Over The Lil' 4 - $2,250
- Nosebluntslide 3 Tables - $2,500
- Destroy 5 Speakers - $2,350
- 100% Goals and Cash - $4,000
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Marseille was the only level available in the public demo.
- In order to access the hidden area, the player has to break the wooden plank holding up the post inside the planter.
- In early games that featured Marseille as a playable level, you weren't allowed to jump over the fence.
- There is a unique police car driving around the streets in Marseille.
- Marseille was the first level in the series to be located outside of the United States.
- The Marseille PA announcer only has a single phrase at the beginning of the competition. At the time of development, it was planned to add more announcer reactions. Three additional phrases can be found in game's audio files.
- In other ports of Pro Skater 2, the fountain in the secret area isn't shown with a geyser (implying it's not operational), but in Pro Skater 2X, the fountain is operational.
- Caricatures of former President and First Lady of the United States Bill & Hillary Clinton appear as graffiti within the level. Their depiction in the level is never explained, though it's possibly just another example of the Clinton's, particularly Bill, being the subjects of comedy and various parodies at their expense during their time in the White House.
[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 levels|
|Hangar • School II • Marseille • New York • Venice • Skatestreet • Philadelphia • Bullring • Chopper Drop • Skate Heaven|
|Tony Hawk's American Wasteland levels|
|Hollywood • Beverly Hills • Downtown • East L. A. • Santa Monica • Oil Rig • Vans Park • Casino • Skate Ranch
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD levels|
|Warehouse • School II • Hangar • Mall • Venice • Downhill Jam • Marseille