LevelPack is a global mod for the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 developed by DCxDemo. Latest released version is 2.
It is common knowledge that THPS1 level files were hidden into the main game archive, which made it possible to hack these levels into the game right after the release. There were several tools allowing to do that.
While THPS3 development Neversoft shifted to nextgen engine (Renderware), but PlayStation versions were still based on THPS2 engine hence levels used the same format. Due to this fact THPS2PC can easily read PlayStation level files. The original work on porting the levels was done by sairuk (check additional links), but it was never released and potentially lost.
However, the mod itself was inspired by another modder's work, known as kamiloxnumetal, who was able to port THPS1-2 levels into Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX game.
Later on in 2016 LevelPack was extended by Cumulative Patch, a game patch that improves game functionality and fixes some original LevelPack level bugs. This includes Skater Island and Los Angeles fixes as well as a whole pack of MHPB levels and additional skater skins from later games.
- May 31, 2012 - the initial release including levels from THPS1 and THPS3.
- April 21, 2013 - LevelPack 2 released, adding more thps3 skins, Downhill level and THPS4 levels.
- Some THPS3 levels are crashing due to the new functions introduced by Shaba Games and unsupported by THPS2. This applies to Airport, Los Angeles, Tokyo.
Skater Island level is missing, cause mod author was not able to find the proper combination of files. However, it works in Horse mode.This is fixed in Cumulative patch.
- THPS1 levels may cause a weird bug, screwing specific trick animation. This bug is random.
- San Francisco has a visual glitch that makes the sidewalk partially transparent depending on the angle skater is looking at.
Factory level from MHPB is available, but crashes when skater hits certain area.Fixed in cumulative patch.