Hangar is a game level that first appeared in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. The level re-appears in Tony Hawk's Underground as an unlockable level, as well as in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD as a normal career level.
Hangar is set in Mullet Falls, Montana, which is a fictional location. Neversoft's president Joel Jewett is from Great Falls, Montana, and he had a mullet back during development of the game, this explains why this location was chosen.
- A small helipad area outside can be accessed by grinding the helicopter in the half-pipe room on the left-most side of the level.
- Extra room at the ramp can be accessed by grinding the propeller.
- You can hear wolves howling outside.
- Snow is represented by just a few polygons and animated texture.
- Level often glitches to hide specific areas if player crossed the middle wall in some unusual ways.
- By the time of development it was planned to implement a secret Control Tower where a random dispacher chatter would be played just like later in THPS3 in Airport and Cruise Ship levels. Possibly it was meant to be the room above the current helipad as can be seen in E3 Demo. The other PC demo version of the game contained recorded audio files, but they did not make it to the final game. However, the Control Tower itself was moved to the starting point and appeared in THPS2x.
- The Control room did not appear in THUG, but still returned in THPSHD.
- The frozen ramp room propeller was meant to kill skater, however this was removed from the game due to being "too gore".
- With a ramp that goes down into the level and a halfpipe you can jump across, this level is similar to the Warehouse.
|High Score - 10,000||$100|
|Pro Score - 25,000||$200|
|Sick Score - 75,000||$500|
|Get 3 Hangtime Gaps||$150|
|Collect 5 Pilot Wings||$250|
|Nosegrind Over the Pipe||$150|
|Find the Hidden Tape||$150|
|100% Goals and Cash||$200|
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 levels|
|Hangar • School II • Marseille • New York • Venice • Skatestreet • Philadelphia • Bullring • Chopper Drop • Skate Heaven|