The Hangar is a level that first appeared in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. It later reappears in Tony Hawk's Underground as an unlockable level, as well as in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD as a normal career level.
The Hangar is set in Mullet Falls, Montana, which is a fictional location.
Neversoft's president, Joel Jewett is from Great Falls, Montana, and he had a mullet back when THPS2 was in production, which explains the background of this location.
Unlockable areas Edit
- A outdoor Helipad area can be accessed by grinding the Helicopter located at the far end of the room.
- A Wind Tunnel area can be accessed by grinding the propeller located on the wall at the end of the half-pipe.
- You can hear wolves howling outside.
- Snow is represented by just a few polygons and an animated texture.
- The level will often glitch to hide specific areas if player crosses the middle wall in certain ways.
- During development, it was planned to implement a secret control tower where a random dispacher chatter would be played just like later in THPS3 in Airport and Cruise Ship levels. Possibly it was meant to be the room above the current helipad as can be seen in E3 Demo. The other PC demo version of the game contained recorded audio files, but they did not make it to the final game. However, the Control Tower itself was moved to the starting point and appeared in THPS2x.
- The Control room did not appear in THUG, but still returned in THPSHD.
- The wind tunnel propeller was originally meant to kill the player; this was removed from the game because it might have exceeded the criteria for a "T" rating.
- With a ramp that goes down into the level and a halfpipe you can jump across, this level is similar to the Warehouse.
- In the THPS2X version, "Officer Dick" can be seen making an appearance standing inside a small room operating the Wind Tunnel. This room can be stalled on to get a better view.
- In the GBA version, the way to access the Secret Tape was changed quite significantly. It is still behind the door that would lead to the outdoor helipad, but the Wind Tunnel area actually replaces it, and you open it like you would the Wind Tunnel normally. It is above the transfer where you enter the tunnel.
- Also in the GBA version, Hangar is located in Meacham Field, Texas, which is the name of an airport located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- High Score - 10,000 - $100
- Pro Score - 25,000 - $200
- SICK Score! - 75,000 - $500
- Collect S-K-A-T-E - $150
- Barrel Hunt - $150
- Collect 5 Pilot Wings - $250
- Nosegrind Over The Pipe - $150
- Hit 3 Hangtime Gaps - $150
- Find The Secret Tape - $150
- 100% Goals and Cash - $200
- High Score (20,000) - $500
- Pro Score (50,000) - $650
- Sick Score (150,000) - $800
- Find The Secret DVD - $650
- Collect S-K-A-T-E - $600
- Collect 5 Pilot Wings - $700
- Nosegrind Over The Pipe - $750
- Hit 3 Hangtime Gaps - $800
- Smash 5 Sets Of Barrels - $850
- 100% Goals and Cash - $1,000
- Sickest Score (300,000) - $800
- Collect C-O-M-B-O - $650
- Collect 8 Skateboards - $700
- Land a 95,000 Combo - $600
- Boneless the Magic Bum - $500
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 levels|
|Hangar • School II • Marseille • New York • Venice • Skatestreet • Philadelphia • Bullring • Chopper Drop • Skate Heaven|
|Tony Hawk's Underground levels|
| New Jersey • Manhattan • Tampa • San Diego • Hawaii • Vancouver • Slam City Jam • Moscow • Hotter Than Hell
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD levels|
| Warehouse • School II • Hangar • Mall • Venice • Downhill Jam • Marseille