The level is set in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but the environment is fictional.
Players can only skate around the park. There are no taxis nor other buildings or roads from the single-player version until the later games where players can skate in the full version of the levels.
In early Beta versions this level originally contained a statue of the "Bruce Willis" character model from the "Apocalypse" video game (Also developed by Neversoft). This was replaced with a water fountain in the final release. There was a parking garage in beta versions of the level, but was removed in the final versions.
Level specific Edit
- Taxis which are riding across the map allow player to perform Car Plant trick.
Taxi driver quotesEdit
- "Move, idiot!"
- "Ha, ha, ha."
- "Crazy kid!"
- "Get out of the street!"
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Edit
- High Score - 15,000 points
- Break 5 "No Skating" Signs
- Get S-K-A-T-E
- Find Hidden Tape
- Pro Score - 40,000 points
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Edit
- High Score - 30,000/100,000 depending on difficulty setting
- Pro Score - 60,000/200,000 also depending on difficulty setting
- Sick Score - 100,000/300,000 also depending on difficulty setting
- High Combo - 10,000/75,000 also depending on difficulty setting
- Collect S-K-A-T-E
- Collect C-O-M-B-O
- Get the secret tape
- Indy Over the Fountain
- Hardflip Over the Red Carpet
- Ollie over 5 barriers
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater levels|
|Warehouse • School • Mall • Chicago • Downtown • Downhill Jam • Burnside • Streets • Roswell|
|Tony Hawk's American Wasteland levels|
| Hollywood • Beverly Hills • Downtown • East L. A. • Santa Monica • Oil Rig • Vans Park • Casino • Skate Ranch