“Move it, or, lose it!”
—Antonio Segul, Nintendo DS character.
In Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, instead of all pros, fictional characters were featured in each version of the game. The only playable pros in the Wii and PS2 versions of the game were Tony Hawk and Kevin Staab. In the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance versions, Tony Hawk was the only playable pro.
- Fang - a Malaysian skater punk.
- Victor - a Mexican-American "cholo".
- Skyler - an Emo who often says things like "I'm sad that I'm winning" and "Winning is failing to fail".
- Ammon - A politically minded skater known for getting high air.
- Budd - A quiet guy who has weird visions in his head. He wants to get a tattoo from every continent.
- Crash - A skater known for. . .Crashing. His real name is Gaylord.
- Gunnar - A strong man from Norway who shows little to no consideration for others when racing.
- Kyla - An aspiring musician from Queens who wants to promote her music by becoming the top skater.
- Jynx - A goth girl who other skaters believe is the cause of their bad luck in races.
- MacKenzie - A British female punk rocker who's quick to get into a fight.
- Tiffany - An aspiring fashion queen who is often classed as a social stereotype, despite her good balance on a skateboard. She wants to start a fashion empire in Rome after she becomes top skater.
- Armondo Ootbagh - A legendary skating daredevil from the 70s who has come back from a near-death experience (an attempt at skating underwater) to prove that he's still 'the best.' It is also believed that this man is Crash's father.
Nintendo DS version
- Contessa Clifton - Talented "style" skater, part of Tony's team.
- Lachlan Macduff - Considered a Scottish skate punk by Antonio Segul, part of Tony's team.
- Ivan Gronznyy - A talented slope skater that pilots the private jet for Tony's team, as well as being in Tony's team.
- Fei Liu - Considered the best skater in Hong Kong, part of Tony's team.
- DJ Darkslide - A Brazilian disc jokey that makes his music while skateboarding, part of Tony's team.
- Antonio Segul - An old school skater trapped in the 80s, he is also Tony Hawk's rival in story mode. The name "Antonio Segul" is a reference to Tony Hawk, with a similar name ("Antonio" can be reduced to "Tony", and "Segul" is a corruption of "seagull", a bird's name like "hawk").
- Contessa from the Nintendo DS version of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Tiffany from the Wii version share a strong similarity with both having blonde hair, both wear pink as their normal attire, and both are apsiring fashion queens.
- Lachlan from the Nintendo DS version of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Crash from the Wii version both enjoy dangerous challenges and they don't really mind if they get hurt.
- Ivan from the Nintendo DS version of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Gunnar from the Wii version both are from foriegn descent and both of them like showing of their well fit, muscular bodies.
- Skyler from the PS2 version of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam shares a similarity with Jynx from the Wii and PS2 versions, with Skyler being stereotyped as an Emo an Jynx as a Goth, to which both of those stereotypes are confused with each other in real-life. Both of the characters also share a similarity by mostly being negative from the outcome of events.