College is the first level in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. The level introduces the player to goals that may be played anytime during the career mode without a time limit unlike the previous games. The medium-sized college campus contains several buildings including a class hall, a dormitory building, and a dining hall, all of which the player can enter. A few other buildings are included but are inaccessible. The campus is situated in a city where the player may roam free also, with the exception of two streets that can not be entered.
The College is situated in California and based on Berkeley University of California. At the early stage of development there were rumours that the whole game would take place in California.
Near the frat house you can start the "Garbage Day!!!" minigame. The game gives you 40 seconds to collect money above the street while skating in one of four garbage truck half-pipes. Each bill is worth $50 and once you collect ten the minigame is complete.
Adjacent to the basketball court is a tennis court where you can start the "Tennis" minigame. You have to win four serves of the ball to win a prize of $500. The ball will be returned at Slow, Medium, and Fast speed based on how close you are to it.
When looking at the front of the sporting goods store, you will see a small green generator with a tiny quarter pipe on it. To start the "Capacitor" minigame perfrom a lip trick on the generator. A voltage percent will steadily climb and then blow the capacitors at 100. To reduce the voltage you need to grind the glowing powerlines. Once you reduce the percent to zero you win a prize of $500.
- College may be loosely referred to as "School 3," hence the "Sch" in the prefix of the College game files.
- A Nokia airship can be seen roaming around the College.
- There is an actual stadium outside the College, but the skater can't access it.
- College and Zoo are the only levels in Pro Skater 4 to have three playable mini-games.
- It is possible to jump into the back of the clock tower and launch out from the top of it.
- There is a hidden tennis ball under a one building, possibly a bug
- in one of the Pro Skater 4 demos, there was an easter egg that occured in the frat house; when the player started a manual in said frat house, a timer would appear onscreen. when the timer expired a female NPC would walk through a door. This could be repeated as long as the manual was held. This easter egg was taken out by the game's full release
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 levels|
|College • San Francisco • Alcatraz • Kona • Shipyard • London • Zoo • Carnival • Chicago • Sewers • Little Big World|