College is the first level in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. The level introduces the player goals that may be played anytime during the career mode without a time limit unlike the previous games. This medium-sized college campus contains several buildings including a class hall, a dormitory building, and a dining hall - all of which the player can enter. A few other buildings are included but are inaccessible. The campus is situated in a city where the player may skate around also, with the exception of two streets that cannot be entered as they are out of bounds areas.
The College is situated in California and based on University of California-Berkeley. At the early stage of development there were rumors that the whole game would take place in California.
Notable landmarks include:
- Sproul Hall
- Sproul Hall Plaza
- Cezar Caves Students Center
- Edwards Stadium
- Campanile Esplanade (clock tower)
- Sather Gate
- California Theatre
- Get a High Score: 40,000 points
- Collect S-K-A-T-E Letters
- Collect C-O-M-B-O letters in One Combo
- Race the Inline Skater
- Nail The Tricks They Yell Out
- Get Back at the 5 Frat Boys
- Spine Transfer over the Wall
- Warn the Other Skaters
- Skitch the Professor's Car
- Grind Down Officer Tom's Banners
- Get a Pro Score: 75,000 points
- Stop All Of The Pink Elephants
- Medal The High-Combo Competition
- Nail a 360 Varial McTwist (Special Trick)
- Clock 5 Jocks in One Combo
- Gap Between Floats 10 Times
- Combo The Benches, Stairs and the Flagpole
- Get All 4 Master's Lip Gaps
- Collect Pro C-O-M-B-O Letters in One Combo
- Beat Bob's Best 3 Combos
- Get a Sick Score: 250,000 Points
- Tony Hawk's Pro Specific Challenge
- Jamie Thomas's Pro Specific Challenge
- Near the frat house you can start the "Garbage Day!!!" minigame. The game gives you 40 seconds to collect money above the street while skating in one of four garbage truck half-pipes. Each bill is worth $50 and once you collect ten the minigame is complete.
- Adjacent to the basketball court is a tennis court where you can start the "Tennis" minigame. You have to win four serves of the ball to win a prize of $500. The ball will be returned at Slow, Medium, and Fast speed based on how close you are to it.
- When looking at the front of the sporting goods store, you will see a small green generator with a tiny quarter pipe on it. To start the "Capacitor" minigame, perform a lip trick on the generator. A voltage percent will steadily climb and then blow the capacitors at 100. To reduce the voltage you need to grind the glowing powerlines. Once you reduce the percent to zero you win a prize of $500.
- College may be loosely referred to as "School 3," hence the "Sch" in the prefix of the College game files.
- A Nokia airship can be seen roaming around the College.
- There is an actual stadium outside the College, but the skater can't access it. There are football players training outside, suspiciously sharing the same number - 69.
- One of the buildings in the middle is called "Johnson Hall" and supposedly established in 1948 by "Hugh G. Rection"
- College and Zooare the only levels in Pro Skater 4 to have three playable mini-games.
- It is possible to jump into the back of the clock tower and launch out from the top of it.
- There is a hidden tennis ball under one of the buildings, possibly a bug
- In one of the Pro Skater 4 demos, there was an easter egg that occurred in the frat house; when the player started a manual in said frat house, a timer would appear onscreen. when the timer expired a female NPC would walk through a door. This could be repeated as long as the manual was held. This easter egg was taken out by the game's full release
- There are 2 C-O-M-B-O letters that are out of bounds at the College spawn point. They are both unobtainable and aren't used for any missions in College
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 levels|
|College • San Francisco • Alcatraz • Kona • Shipyard • London • Zoo • Carnival • Chicago • Sewers • Little Big World|